Monday, December 29, 2008

BBTB + PageMaps = Fun & Funky!


Regina at BBTB challenged us to use this funky dot-bordered circle from Mini-Monograms this week, and my first thought was that it would make a great flower center for a cute fabric yo-yo flower. I'm officially obsessed with making these. They are so easy -- I got instructions from Heather Bailey's awesome blog. The sketch is the current challenge from PageMaps -- if you haven't checked out this awesome site, it is a total must-visit for scrappers and card makers.

Make sure you visit BBTB this week, because SweetArts Paperie is sponsoring a card contest with a fabulous prize kit. Can't wait to see what you create!

Materials:
Dotted Circled -- CRCLDOTS cut from Cricut Mini-Monograms cartridge, cut at about 1 3/4"
Patterned paper -- Basic Grey
Stamps -- Stampin Up
Cardstock -- DCWV, Georgia Pacific
Scallop Scissors & punch -- Fiskars

9 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

So cute Tomi!! It really is fun and funky! The color combo is great and I love that flower! Great card!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Thanks so much Tomi!! I would LOVE it if you would send me that link! You're a life saver. Yes, I now have Vista and none of my old photo editing software is working the same. SIGH! :) Thanks sooooo much!!

DeeDee said...

Tomi, I had to come tell you how much I love this card....well, I love all your cards...but this one is just soooooo WOW!!!! I LOVE IT!! HUGS!!!

Regina Easter said...

fun and funky is right...i love the colors on this card...you rock girl

Tonya said...

Terrific card! I love that yo-yo flower and thanks for sharing the link to the instructions! You are awesome!

Tricia said...

this is stunning! I keep coming back to your projects thinking...why can't I throw stuff together like that??????? Great job!

michelle said...

happy new year Tomi !! hope you and your family had a great christmas ! i have left you a little something on my blog !!

hugs

michelle x

Sam said...

This card is beautful Tomi!

I love your ribbon flower. Very groovy.

Best wishes,
Sam.

Sam said...

Ooops, sorry, fabric flower...not ribbon. I've never seen them before.

Sam.