Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mixed Media -- I Am Not Afraid...

The last few months have been really difficult for me, but also a time of a lot of learning and really beautiful blessings.  I've had this quote from Louisa May Alcott in my mind quite a bit and decided to turn it into a visual reminder I could see every day.



Around the sides of the canvas I wrote some of the scriptures that have given me strength and courage.  This one is from Psalms 27:14.


I love how forgiving mixed media is.  I redid that bottom row of text three times in three very different ways, because it just was not coming out right, but I love the end result.  Now as I pass this little sign on my front hall table every morning, I'm reminded that God allows storms into our lives so that we can learn to "sail our ship."  And I try to trust that God is directing the winds to blow me right home to Him.

4 comments:

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

You are so super talented.

craftymrs said...

This is beautiful! What a neat inspiring piece to have.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! This is incredible! This is TRUE ART and I love and admire it. I'm looking forward to working with you on the Scrapbook USA Expo Design Team! --Andrea

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!