Monday, March 21, 2011

These Boys...


Ah, there's nothing like a couple of pictures you really love to get you in the mood to scrapbook again!  I snapped these shots of my boys over the past couple of weeks, and they just captured the boy's personalities so well I kept coming back to them again and again.

I thought it would be fun to try a new take on the style of the fabulous font on the Cindy Loo cartridge from ScrapbookPal.com.  I have to admit, I wanted this cartridge specifically for the font!  I first fell in love with this style of font when we checked out this book from the library:

Image from Amazon.com
I love the whimsical vintage feel of it, and I tried to recreate it as my title in this layout.  Here's how to do it:

1.  First used the Cricut pens to draw out the solid layer in white and the overlay layer in orange, then cut it out -- this is a super simple way to get a nice outline to the layers.
2.  Adhere the two layers together, offsetting the orange layer slightly down and to the right to give it a 3-D effect.
3.  With a fine-tipped pen, add detail to the white layer as shown.

The font on its own is very feminine, but I think adding touches like this and combining it with a cool doodle-y paper give it a delightful boyish charm.

Thanks for stopping by!

Materials:  Patterned paper, ribbon, trim -- Fancy Pants; Acrylic heart and star -- Heidi Swapp; Die cuts -- Zooballoo ("these") and Cindy Loo ("BOYS"); Buttons and acrylic arrow -- unknown

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Very cool! I do like how you used those letters. I haven't seen them before. I really need to get back to scrapbooking and checking out all of the new Cricut cartridges out there. I am sure there are quite a few that I'll fall in love with. Anyway, this LO is fantastic. The pictures of the boys are very interesting, too. Thank you for sharing! PS - Did you doodle the arrows around the top and the parts, too? Cool paper, if not. If so, great doodling! :)