Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cute things come in little packages!

I bought a Martha Stewart punch a few years ago and I thought the little package it came in was way too cute to throw away.  I knew that with a few strategically placed bits of pretty, it would make an adorable little gift box, so I've been hanging on to it ever since.  For my second ScrapbookPal.com project this month, I really wanted to alter something and this was just the thing!

I admitted in my previous post that I got Freshly Picked just for the gnomes, but I decided to challenge myself to use a different cut this time... turns out there are tons of adorable garden-y images on this one once I got over my gnome-induced tunnel vision!  I especially love these little root-ball trees, so sweet and perfect for a gift.  I measured the punch packaging and cut a cardstock wrap in the same color to go around it.  I then decorated the wrap with coordinating scraps -- I put the tree on the front, and then I cut some of the layering flowers larger to decorate the sides.  I used my Sakura white Gellyroll pen to color in the middles of all the flowers so I didn't have to fiddle with the tiny white cut outs, which made things a lot simpler.  I also used my yummy Berrylicious chalk ink to add some definitely to the corners.  I popped some tulle inside the box, and now it's ready for any small gift or treat!  I love having things like this on hand so that I can make things special on short notice.

Happy crafting!  Keep your eye out -- on the 20th we're going to be having our first ever ScrapbookPal.com Blog Hop with a really awesome prize!

2 comments:

AShu93 said...

This is really cute. I've actually used the patterned paper on the side of those boxes for punching before, but this is a great idea too. I have one at home that I got on clearance, so I'll have to try your idea.

Lydia said...

This is so adorable!! Love your recycling!! FAB-u-LOUS