Monday, June 7, 2010

Trying my hand at metal stamping!


I've seen several tutorials online lately for metal stamping, and since it fulfills all my favorite craft attributes -- cute, easy, and cheap -- I decided to give it a go!  I found a great tutorial at Craft Edition and ordered my kit right from her, but I'm sad to say that was her last one.  You can get the stamping alphabets at Harbor Freight here, though, for $5 plus shipping.  I decided to make a key chain for my awesome little brother Nick's birthday.  I stamped his  name on the smaller ring, then two words I think describe him on the larger ring.  I looped a length of webbing through both rings, made another loop at the other end, and then sewed the layers together.  I clipped a ring in the end for his key ring.  He loved it!  I saw him clip it onto his keys when he didn't know I was looking, so I know he wasn't just saying it...  :)  I love it, too, and I've got all sorts of plans for more keychains in the future!
Materials:  Washers -- just from the hardware store!; Webbing -- Lil Davis Designs; Ring -- Walmart office supply section

I also made this card to go with it -- two guy cards in a row has to be a record for me!  I added the pennant banner as a little extra touch, because I can't seem to make anything without one these days...

Materials: PP -- Making Memories (big polka dot), Imaginisce (tiny orange polka dot); stamp -- Stampin Up; punch (notebook edge) -- EK Success; Diecuts -- Cricut George Cartridge

6 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

I love it!! great job - now I want to make a bunch of keychains. (and I see how you need the letter "N" - that was 3 words that use it! for some reason the people I know don't spell their name with "N"s so I barely used mine) - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Crystal Farish said...

Way cute. What a fun gift to make for a new driver! I think I'm going to give one to all the girls in my Mia Maid class when they turn 16 and move up to Laurels!

Leah said...

Great projects:) Hey, I was wondering if you had heard anything yet from Scrapbook Pal or gotten a package yet. I haven't and was just asking the other DT members, thanks!

AShu93 said...

That's a really great keychain! I'm sure your brother really did like it. The card's great too. I forgot I had that stamp set & I'll have to start using it.

Tonya said...

Your card is so nice! And bright! and cheerful! and pretty! And I really, really like the keychain you made. I ordered a set of these stamps (thanks to you!) and I can see some wonderful Father's Day gifts coming together. ;) Thanks for sharing!

Crystal Farish said...

You are just way too sweet. Loved your message to Eden. He was so excited. How cool that you went to Denmark on your mission! That's where Eden wants to serve -- or Iceland, which is hear is part of the Danish mission.

Hey, you know the little flags on this post, did you cut those out or did you use a cricut?