Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Twirly Skirts!


I have never been a seamstress, but something about having a little girl and seeing cute fabrics and patterns makes me go a little crazy! When we made a spur-of-the-moment plan to go to Disneyland for our family trip instead of to Lake Powell, I thought, "Sure I have a thousand things to do to get ready, but surely the top of my priority list should be making matching twirly skirts for Eliza, Amelia and Taya to wear to Disneyland!" Amelia and Taya are my adorable nieces, and Amelia was here all the way from England for our fun family trip! She and Eliza are just 9 days apart. I used the same Pink Fig pattern as I used for Eliza's birthday skirt, and my workmanship definitely improved with this go-round! Sadly, my kids and I all got swine flu the weekend we were supposed to leave, so we didn't get to go to Disneyland after all, but yesterday we got the girlies all dressed up in their skirts so we could at least get some pictures! Nana had bought them the cute little Minnie Mouse ears at Disneyland. I was very gratified that Taya is totally in love with her skirt -- she insisted she wear it both days they went to Disneyland, and she described to me in great detail how pretty it is when she twirls in it!.

Eliza's skirt is still quite big on her -- I think next Halloween she might just have to be Minnie Mouse!

4 comments:

Tonya said...

They look adorable! How cute are those?!?! You did a terrific job as always. Thanks for sharing!

Jena said...

They look darling! Sorry you got sick and didn't get to go, but at least the skirts will still get some good use - TFS!

Desire Fourie said...

Tomiannie, these little outfits are adorable and they will definitely be the centre of attraction at Disney.
Hugs
Desire

Amy C said...

Those are so cute Tomi!! You did a fabulous job with them. So sorry that your family got sick and couldn't go on the trip. I hope you are all feeling better now.

Hugs,
Amy ♥