Friday, August 17, 2007

Do I dare?

Stop scrapping chronologically? I don't know if I can do it! I've always gone in order, but I have gotten to the point where I don't think I'm ever going to REALLY get caught up, and there are a lot more projects I have in mind that I feel like I just can't do until I get caught up. But then I think I'll have scrapper's guilt over the 11 months or so that won't be in the scrapbooks, if I just give up and start from right now. So I think what I'll do is work on the projects I actually WANT to do right now, then if I have extra time and energy and desire I can go back and work on old pics later. Anyone else have this same dillemma? Dilemna? How is that word spelled, anyway?

6 comments:

Denise Rose said...

Hey Tomianne! Ok, you NEED to read this book:
Big Picture Scrapbooking by Stacy Julian. It will answer these questions you are having. It is worth finding it and reading...I promise!

Denise :) (your SP buddy who isn't being a very good buddy lately)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I think I'll try to find the above-mentioned book in the library. It would help me too, because I have this same dilemma (one "l", two "m"s -- I looked it up!!) I need to get over my OBSESSION with being chronological!

Tomie said...

I dont scrap in time order, I never have. But I will say this... Why do you scrap? Is it a job or a hobby? if it is a hobby then why not let loose and have fun with it? I decided a long time ago that I was doing this for me and that I would not allow it to become bothersome. I know that it doesnt work for everyone else but try this, pick a favorite picture you have been wanting to scrap and do it!!! Start a new album just for non-crono LOs. I hope that you make a decision that works for you.

Patsy Jackson said...

Hi Tomiannie

I do kind of scrap in time order but not always!!

I hope all is well with Dan now too :)

Patsy x

mum-on-the-run said...

Thanks for entering my blog candy, I've announced the winners!! Hope you stop by and visit me again :)

Anonymous said...

I recognise the dilemma... I just got a second child and so I have to make THREE albums now : 1 for my son, 1 for my daughter and 1 for us... And we have WAY too many pics cos we live in Belgium and my parents in law in Canada... and I think I will never catch up with all my pics. Chronologically, i got til the point where my son was 9 months old and he's 2 now... In april (birth of my daughter), I decided to start chronologically again from THEN on and do the year in between... when i have the time. It's so much nicer to work with recent pics cos I don't want to lose the story behind the pics and all the little thinsg I want to remember... On the other hand, when I wait too long with the year in between, I will forget stuff of him... the dilemma stays!