Monday, May 19, 2008

Card for Kazan's sketch challenge



I made this birthday card for my little sister using the sketch for the challenge over at Kazan Clark's awesome blog. I was really trying to capture my sister's style, and I was so happy because she loved it! Once again I used my pen tablet to draw the birdie, then converted it to an SVG filea and cut it out with my bug using the SCAL software. I am so glad I bought this software -- it's opened up a whole new world to me! PP here is My Mind's Eye, Magnolia line. The flowers and rub-on are from Fancy Pants. TFL!

Here's a link to the sketch challenge -- a really great set of Souffle pens is the prize, so it's worth giving it a try!

http://nunutoolies.blogspot.com/2008/05/sketch-challenge.html

And don't forget our very own "Rummage Challenge" -- you still have plenty of time to enter! All the details are in the next post down!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a gret card I love it - I love your blog too

Unknown said...

This card is adorable - I love the bird and your instructions on how you made the card are awesome. I need to look into it too - wonder if it is Mac compat? Thanks so much for playing and for the shout-out - your blog is awesome :)

Em said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

I love your version of the card - I am LOVING birds right now, so I think this is FAB!

Krista B. said...

Your card is adorable. I love the bird! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Tonya said...

Great card! Love the colors and how you made it...the birdie is so cute! TFS

michelle said...

This is adorable, i wish i was a little more computer literate then i may find the courage to buy some software !!

Becky said...

How are you feeling? Your card is just gorgeous! Everytime I set down to scrap I get a brain freeze and can't come up with anything! Pregnant brain! I'm hoping to do your rummage challenge tomorrow! Cross your fingers that I'll get some free time!

Regina Easter said...

oh tomi, what an awesome card...i love it...