Saturday, May 21, 2011

Father's Day -- ScrapbookPal.com

(Click to enlarge)
Can you believe I didn't take a single picture of my hubby and kids on Father's Day last year?  So this year, thanks to the Cricut Father's Day cartridge from ScrapbookPal.com, I am getting a jump on things early!  This layout has a space for a nice big 5x7 picture.


I love how the "Best Dad Ever" shape from the Father's Day cartridge looks when mounted onto an accordion medallion (I made mine with the awesome new accordion die from Tim Holtz) -- it turns it into something really special!  I used Scor-Tape to adhere the paper for the accordion -- man, that stuff is awesome!  I'll be using it for more projects next month.  The other product I'm featuring this month is the Cat's Eye chalk ink from Colorbox, which is one of my all-time favorite tools.  I use it for adding a nice soft distressing touch to the edges of so many projects.  On this layout I used Dark Brown for all the distressing (definitely one of my go-to colors), and Warm Red to stamp the "Completely LOVED" seal on the tag.  I love the nice soft finish these inks create, and the shape makes them perfect for getting into nooks and crannies.

I painted the tag with Liquitex acrylic ink in raw umber to give it a really old finish, but you could achieve a similar effect with the Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I used the Country Life cartridge for the title -- love this font!

Other materials:  Patterned papers and stickers -- Cosmo Cricket; Stamp -- Autumn Leaves

3 comments:

AShu93 said...

This is a great layout! I love how that paper made the rosette. I use scor-tape to hold the ends of my rosettes together, but I'm having a problem getting them to lie flat. Mine just keep popping apart.

What do you use to adhere them to a page and to hold the center on top? I'd love to see a tutorial on this (what adhesive you use & where you apply it).

Amy C said...

Tomi, I am just loving this layout. You did a fab job with this cart.

Hugs,
Amy

Heather Reese said...

I have nominated you for an award! Please stop by my blog to check it out! http://www.myhusbandateallmyicecream.com/2011/05/adorable-blog-award.html