Friday, January 21, 2011
Let Your Light Shine -- ScrapbookPal.com
My second project for ScrapbookPal.com this month is this cute little mini-notebook. The Country Life cartridge has so much fun artwork that you might totally overlook! (And guess what -- it's on sale for $29.99 at ScrapbookPal right now!) I fell in love with this vintage-y lantern and the phrase to go with it, and I thought it would also be the perfect way to showcase these neat Distress Stickles in Picket Fence. I used them to give the "glass" part of the lantern that perfect vintage glass look, and it's gorgeous in real life.
1. Cut chipboard for covers. I like to make my mini-notebooks 4.25"x5.5", so that I can cut regular letter-size papers into quarters for the filler pages.
2. Cut filler pages to match covers.
3. Decorate cover as desired.
4. Bind notebook. I used a Bind-it-all, but you could also use a Cinch, jump rings, or even take it to a copy shop and have them bind it for you. (Seriously, though -- if you like the idea of making your own books, a Bind-it-all is a GREAT investment.)
5. Add a few ribbons to the top. I wouldn't go too crazy with these, though, because too many will make your book less functional.
6. Brighten someone's day with a cute little gift! Or tuck it in your purse for yourself -- I'm not judging... (I still haven't decided the destiny of this little cutie. I originally intended it for a gift, but I just love it so darn much!)
Materials: PP -- Cosmo Cricket "Happy Together" collection; Ribbon -- Stampin' Up, Offray; Die Cuts -- Cricut Country Life cartridge; Distressing -- Colorbox Chalk Ink in "Chestnut Roan"; Binding -- Bind-it-all; Distress Stickles -- Ranger Inks