Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The big 3-0...

Well, my little brother Dan turned 30 a couple days ago -- he's been really not happy about hitting this milestone, so I thought this sentiment was perfect for him!  Guy cards are hard for many of us.  I particularly don't like how they end up kinda dreary a lot of the time when we use dark colors and "manly" images.  For this one I used nice clean bright colors and added a lot of texture with the slightly roughed-up edge, the notebook punch, the clear plastic star, and the cork numbers. Nothing dreary about turning 30 or about this card!

Materials:  PP -- Scenic Route; Border punch -- EK Success; Cork -- Quickutz (this does not cut at all the Cricut, but it worked like a charm in the Cuttlebug); Stamps -- Stampin Up; Dies (for numbers) -- Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet; star -- Heidi Swapp

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I agree - not dreary, but I can relate to him! haha! Great card! And I love the cork and plastic...nice touches! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

And I loved it!

jandokan said...

simply beautiful :D