Friday, April 24, 2009

Mom (don't peek, all my moms and grandmas!)


I love making cards for Mother's Day -- it gives me a chance to do all sorts of pretty feminine things. I made this card using this week's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You, which gave me the perfect framework to try out my newest cut file. Ranunculus is my new favorite flower, and I wanted to try something that would mimic the many ruffly layers and the intricate leaves, and this is what I came up with! The pp is from Crate Paper, and I cut "Mom" with the Cuttlebug Harmony alphabet. I also used a ticket corner punch from SU and finished with a dose of Glimmer Mist. I love the sophisticated sheen that creates! Just make sure you adhere all your elements securely -- it has a tendency to make the edges curl up. TFL!

P.S. If you're interested in the ranunculus flower cut file, I'll be listing it in my etsy shop later today. Thanks!

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Very pretty! Nice flower design! I like it! But I think I might have a hard time cutting it all out by hand...I'll check your etsy and figure it out! Thanks for sharing.

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty! That flower is FAB!!
Thanks for playing!
Laura

cnelson said...

lovely card! fabulous flower!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I'm losing it . . . I thought for sure I already left a comment on this! Wonderful card! I love the flower for sure! Your mom will LOVE it!

Desire Fourie said...

Just love it and that flower arrangement is just gorgeous. Hugs from Desire

Chelsea M said...

That flower is incredible! Absolutely beautiful work!