Monday, October 20, 2008

Bitten by the Bug Christmas card


Ah, the first Christmas card of the season (for me, at least -- I know there are lots of you cardmakers who've been going since July!) -- this really gets me in the mood for my favorite season of the year! Our assignment at BBTB this week was to use this tree tag shape from the Joys of the Season cartridge with the card feature. I cut the card at 5 1/2", then cut the tree shape at 4" on real dial size in chipboard, light green, and polka dot green cardstocks for the different layers. I added rhinestones for a little bling and this great "celebrate the season" stamp from Stampin Up, done with white embossing powder. The pps are from Imaginisce. The scallop edge was done with the Fiskars Threading Water punch. TFL!

8 comments:

michelle said...

This is so beautiful !! i love the papers and how they all blend so nice together !!
hugs
michelle

Nikki said...

Beautiful job on this weeks challenge! I love it!
Hugs, Nikki

lauren bergold said...

this is absolutely FABULOUS...and don't worry...you're still waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy ahead of *me* on xmas cards!!! :)

Eve said...

Lovely blog- and beautiful work!
Kindly,
~Eve

Carrie said...

Wow beautiful card! Loved looking through your blog, you do amazing work!

Enfys said...

I love the subtle colours you chose for this, and that little sentiment stamp is gorgeous, never seen that one before. Super card. x

Anonymous said...

I love this card. I liked your card the best from the challenge this week.

carolann said...

Wow this is brilliant hun well done xxxxx