Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I love hand stitching!



It does take a long time, but for a very special card there is nothing I love more than hand stitching. This baby card is for my brother and SIL who just had their first baby (yay, I have a niece!), and I really love the handstitching on the buttons. For this card I used this week's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You -- it was just perfect for this stamp! A friend gave it to me unmounted, so I have no idea what company it came from, but I think it's just adorable.


For the birthday card I used a Bazzill In Stitchz template and added the french knots for a little extra pizzazz. This is actually last week's sketch from 2 Sketches, but I didn't finish it in time to upload it there.

Supplies used
(Baby Card) Velvet ribbon -- Fancy Pants
Buttons -- All My Memories
Glitter -- Stickles Cotton Candy
Jewels -- Westrim Crafts
Scalloped square -- Cricut Mini-Monograms cartridge, cut at 1 1/2" on RDS
Embossing -- Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder
Other - chalk ink, cotton thread, foam squares, mystery stamp

(Birthday card) Patterned Paper -- Scrapworks
Flowers -- Making Memories
Stitching Template -- Bazzill In Stitchz
Stamp -- Imaginisce
Jewel brad -- Joann Craft Essentials

30 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the perfect card combo's are Pink, Brown and Scallops - and you have all 3! This looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Tomi, I was just checking the new bazzill stitches, and after looking at your card, I am going for it/them. They have them at my LSS. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love your cards... the hand stitching must have taken ages... looks stunning.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Anonymous said...

I love the way you used the buttons on the first one!

Lea L. said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I just love that adorable stamp on the first one! Great job with both sketches!

~lea

Judy Beeksma said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous -- I love the beautiful colors and the stitching!

Joke said...

Congrats with your little niece and I love handstitching too. Beautiful cards.

Joke

Jozza said...

Sunning cards!

I love the pink/brown combination!

Eveline said...

That baby card looks fantastic and congratulations on the birth of your niece. That stamp is adorable.
The birthday card looks good too. I love all that handstiching.
Eveline.

Tonya said...

Beautiful cards...love the stitching. Like you, I think it takes a lot of time, so I don't usually try it. But your cards are great. Thanks for sharing!

Robyn said...

These are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Love these cards! The buttons along the border of the baby card is so clever! Beautiful work with the 2S4Y sketch!

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous card. And congrats on your niece.

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! These are awesome! Those buttons are amazing!

Allison said...

congrats on the fab 5
AllisonX

Anonymous said...

Ohhh.. these are absolutely gorgeous!! I *LOVE* all the buttons! Fabulous! :)

SmilynStef said...

How adorable is that magical image ... and your stiched buttons and velvet ribbon are wonderful.

Ashley Newell said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

Love your take on the sketch, what a gorgeous card!
Congrats on the 2S4Y Fab 5!

Unknown said...

Adorable...I love the buttons!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card!! Congrats on fab 5 this week!! :]

Rosanne said...

Congrats on Fab 5, very pretty card!

Made by Mandy said...

Congratulations on being in the top 5, well deserved, if only for all that sewing :)

ohradiogirl said...

You did a really fab job on your cards. I really like the buttons on the first one. Nice.

Carole Beath said...

Love these handstitched cards.

Camillae said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Love the stamp and how you use the buttons on the first card. keep up the great work. Congrats!

TesaB said...

Beautiful cards!!! Congratulations to making the top 5!

Kath Stewart said...

congrats on being one of the Fab 5 - isn't it exciting and loved your card
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Edee said...

very pretty, the color combo is great.