Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Christmas Cuties



Our challenge for BBTB this week was to use this adorable stocking from Christmas Cheer in a non-traditional color (anything but red). Although I don't usually make layouts before I have pictures, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this one! (Waiting for this baby has done this to me a lot!) My SIL is having a baby any day now, and we're so looking forward to having our two little babies at the same time. We'll be together at Christmas, and I thought this would be just perfect for some Christmas pictures of our two little lovies together. The only catch is, they don't know whether they're having a boy or a girl -- they're some of those crazy people who like to be surprised... ;) Luckily, this paper and layout have enough pink and blue that we could fit a baby boy in there if we HAVE to, hee hee!

Materials used:
Patterned Paper: Scenic Route
"Celebrate the Season" Stamp and Scallop Punch: Stampin' Up
Journaling Stamp: Autumn Leaves
Acrylic letters and heart: Heidi Swapp (I used acrylic paint to highlight the edges and sewed them to the page with pink embroidery floss)
"Christmas": Cricut Opposites Attract cartridge, sized and welded in CDS, in both chipboard and cardstock
Stocking: Cricut Christmas Cheer cartridge, cut at 4" and embossed with the Cuttlebug. Top and toe are covered in fun flock!
Snowflake: Cricut Christmas Cheer cartridge
Cardstock: DCWV

Here are some close ups of my favorite elements:

11 comments:

Inking A Colorful Journey said...

This is adorable!! I have got to get myself into the Christmas mode. I have such a hard time with doing that this early, but I've got to get there soon!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

love love love this layout Tomi, the colors and the letters are wonderful.

Becky said...

Love this! Beautiful! Hope you're feeling well!

Anonymous said...

this is so adorable!! thanks for sharing this! :)

Joy said...

When you sew on your pages...do you use just a regular sewing maching?

tomiannie said...

Thanks, y'all. Joy, I do use a regular sewing machine when I stitch on cards and layouts. It works great, but it does dull the needles faster. HTH!

Robyn said...

I love it!!!! You did a fabulous job!!!

Angie Tieman said...

THis page is awesome!! I love these colors for Christmas! Your stitching and details are so amazing!

michelle said...

This is just lovely !! i love the colours !! simply wonderful !!

Sharon Caudle said...

LOVE THIS Tomi!! Consider the acrylic letters edged in the white acrylic paint TOTALLY lifted!! :) I will give you full credit! I love that look! Awesome take on the challenge!!

Nikki said...

What an awesome LO!! All the details are amazing! i love how you cuttebugged the stocking and the acrylic letter edged with paint came out so awesome!