Monday, November 5, 2012

ScrapbookUSA Expo Blog Hop!

I have some more exciting news to share!  I've been asked to join the Design Team for the ScrapbookUSA Expo.  Twice a year for the last 6 years, my crafty friends and I have gotten together at the ScrapbookUSA Expo for a day of awesome scrapbooking deals, silly games and prizes, and lots and lots of scrapbooking. I love it!  There are such good deals to be had that I end up getting nearly all my supplies during that twice a year spree.  So I was delighted when I was chosen for their first-ever design team.  To introduce all the great designers on the team and to the great ScrapbookUSA Expo blog, we're having a blog hop!

Web

For my project, I created a simple banner to dress up my entry way.  A banner like this is so simple to make, but really makes an impact.  I just cut the 4.25"x6.25" sheets from the DCWV Autumn Melody matstack in half, then snipped a V shape into the bottom of each to create the pennant shape.  I sewed them end to end to create the banner, then embellished just a couple of the pennants.  The "Give Thanks" label is from the same DCWV stack, and the acorn and leaf shapes are from the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.






So, here is the plan - between now and Wednesday November 7th at midnight, visit each of our blogs. Leave a comment at each blog, and each time you comment you will be entered to win 2 of DCWV’s brand spankin’ new Christmas 4X5 pads!  With Christmas just around the corner these would certainly come in handy! If you comment on each of their blogs (as well as here at our homebase) you will be entered 8 times!

So make sure you start at The Original Scrapbook USA Expo blog, and then visit each of these awesome designers!

Andrea
Ange
Tomi Ann <--you are="are" here="here" p="p">

15 comments:

Angela said...

Fun banner! Sounds easy too, that's great this time of year.

ameliaharris99 said...

Beautiful! Love the entry way and the banner adds such a nice touch! :)

Gail said...

This is soooo cute!! I can't wait to try my hand at it!

elf1023 said...

Love the banner, it will look great on my front door.

Cathie in UT said...

Just love this Tomi and congrats for making the design team!
I just might have to borrow the idea!

Dana Tatar said...

Great banner! I love the acorns and leaves. Super cool idea to display the banner on an old window! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

snazzyjj said...

I love the fall decor with unusual fall colors, esp. incorporating white.

wendipooh13 said...

such a cute banner!!! LOVE LOVE it!!!! sooo excited to be on the team with ya!!!!

Marjeen said...

What a great banner. Congrats on being chosen for the design team.

cghundley said...

Welcome to the Blog! This is a lovely banner, thanks for sharing.

Carla from Utah

Connie R said...

Love the old window. The banner just pulls it all together

Heather May Holbrook said...

Your banner is ADORABLE!! LOVE it!! So happy to be working with you on the team!
Hugs!
Heather P :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Love the simple, yet elegant look of this banner. And you can't beat the cool old window backdrop!

Dawn said...

Pennants are all the rage right now and they can be so easy to create. Love yours.

Kassi said...

I love the banner! What a fun and simple way to dress up a room! Thanks for sharing!