Thursday, June 9, 2011

What I've been squeezing in...

Hey, y'all!  I know my posts have been few and far between lately.  I've been working away on some fun projects that are not quite done yet, and mostly I've been trying to get our house organized.

Organization is SO not my strong point.  In fact, it's probably my weakest point.  So I am very proud of what I've accomplished so far and I wanted to show you my food storage closet:

All organized by type of food, and it even has labels.  Labels, people!  I'm so proud of myself.  I wish I had taken a before picture, but just imagine this closet with spaghetti sauce behind the paper towels and so many bags of fishy crackers on the floor that you couldn't even get in.  Oh, and also with flimsy shelves that were so overloaded they were seriously in danger of collapsing at any second.  My awesome hubby came up with these great braces and I'm no longer in fear of my life going in there.  He's actually the one who has inspired me to get to work on the house -- he's already checked off nearly everything on his summer to-do list!

I have also been working on our garage, where I have a terrible habit of opening the door from the mud room and just throwing stuff in.  Somehow it did not magically disappear, but waited patiently, gathering cat hair, until I came to clean it out.  There are labels out there, too.  Go me!  I do feel very accomplished, but man, it's seriously cutting into my craft time!

Now I'm putting all the organization on hold and getting ready for our vacation to California!  Dan's grandpa's 80th b-day, Disneyland, the beach -- it's going to be awesome.  I'll have several great things to show you after we get back!

2 comments:

Amanda T said...

Oh how I love your shelves! They totally look amazing, and labels!? You GO girl!! :)

Shawna's Treasures said...

if i may ask do you follow blogs for coupons and if so would you share those
cygria at yahoo