Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On a roll with scrapbooking!

Twice a year, thanks to my fabulous husband, I get to get out of the house for two days of shopping, relaxation, and most importantly SCRAPBOOKING my some of my best scrapbooking friends.  This past weekend I met up with them at the ScrapbookUSA Expo all day Friday, and then Saturday we set up camp at our local Archivers.  I had such a great time!  I have not done a whole lot of scrapping over the past few months -- mostly cards and other projects -- but the fire has definitely be reignited!  I finished a whole stack of layouts, but I'll just share a couple of them with you today so as not to totally overwhelm.  (I love them all, though, so look for several posts over the next couple of days.)

Here is layout #1:


 I loved this lined from One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish (which is a fave at our house) and thought it made the perfect title for these funny face pics of my kids.  The PP, journaling card, ribbon, and trim came from a Fancy Pants kit I bought at the last Expo but hadn't even cracked open yet, so I thought I'd better use it before I could justify buying more goodies... (I know you ladies hear that!)  The letters from "funny things" are from the Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge, and the "everywhere" is made from Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type stickers.  I just punched and inked circles for the border at the top and to make the title pop, and cut stars from the ribbon to accent that top border.


(Click to view larger)

I really love how this one turned out.  My sister took my kids to a local pizza/arcade place called Pirate Island, and it turned into a marathon of waiting for food and being ignored by servers and such, but they still had fun and she taught them some really good lessons.  When I was planning this layout I was going to make it all pirate-y and such, but about 3 a.m. the night before the Expo I was lying awake thinking about how that really wouldn't capture the meaning of the experience (I know, I'm a nerd).  I remembered this kit that I bought from Memory Works at the Expo about 4 years ago (anyone noticing a theme?) that had these cute little clock overlays and I was really hoping it would work.  (You know, instead of being one of those ideas that sound perfect when you're half-asleep but are completely ridiculous once you're fully conscious.)  Not only did the clocks work, but the colors of the kit and all the little elements were perfect.  Yes!  Oh, and I'm not sure if you can tell from the scan, but I also sprayed the area where the two sets of pictures meet (like under the top of the journaling up to under "Life") with "Old Lace" glimmer mist, just to give it a little somethin'.

For this one, I believe all the elements are from a company called "GenX," but I'm not sure.  It's a really old kit... Oh, and there are more Tiny Type letters from Cosmo Cricket in red.  Those are just the coolest ever.

Thanks for stopping by!  I can't wait to share more with you over the next couple of days!

No comments: