Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2S4Y - Laura #12



This week's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You was a tricky one for me, but I like how the card turned out. I like the patchwork feel to it, and I think it will work well for one of my more free-spirited, eclectic sisters. This was a good card for using stuff from my stash that I haven't used in a while! The stamps are from CTMH -- one of those sets I just had to have, then never did much with. The pp and rub-ons are from the Scrapworks Florabella collection, and the vellum tag is from Joann's. I've also used a flower from Fancy Pants with a "skittle" in the center. I used mini-scallop scissors for trimming the circles, and a corner rounder for the larger scallop on the side. A little stitching is always a good touch, too! TFL!

Here's this week's sketch:



Also, check out this fun blog: On the Dot Creations. There are all sorts of cute things, and this week she is giving away a totally adorable apron. Check it out!

26 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This turned out VERY pretty! I haven't gotten a chance to do this sketch yet! I love that On The Dot Creations . . . DeeDee got me hooked on that site.

Laura Davis said...

Oh my goodness this is stunning! I LOVE it!
Laura

Sherry Wright said...

Love that card, great job!

Nikki said...

This is gorgeous and a wonderful job on using the sketch!
Hugs, Nikki

Ann said...

Oooh, very pretty! Great job with the challenge! :D


p.s. I'm giving away blog candy if you're interested.

~dawne said...

Love your stamping on this card & how you used the metal rimmed tag....gorgeous card!!

Pam said...

Beautiful card - I love those papers!!

Unknown said...

REALLY pretty! Love those birds.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous card. You have a beautiful blog.

x Natasha x

Frida said...

Great card !!!

Unknown said...

beautiful! love your take on the sketch!!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful card! Love these birds!

anja curvers said...

These birds are gorgeous love this card.

Daniela Dobson said...

So pretty, love the birds!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card...the birds are so cute! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Kristen Swain said...

that is so weird- I just did brown stamped birds topping circles for a project myself- great minds hunh- mine will debut on Fri on the bobunny blog if you'd like to see.
anyway- enough about me- I love your card- it's stunning!
kris

Nicole Maki said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful. Love all the little details and the CTMH stamp is so pretty.


Great job.

Kath Stewart said...

such a beautiful card for the sketch..love the patchwork effect and those gorgeous birds
hugs
kath
xxxx

Martha said...

Wow, love your card. The paper is wonderful!
Martha

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the birds.

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!!! This is beautiful Tomi!! I was one of those that just had to have that stamp set too, and like you, I haven't used it much at all. thanks for the inspiration! I love what you did with it!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Great job....Glad to see your happy little family picture..So cute..Krista

Regina Easter said...

oh my word girl....this is awesome,love love it...hugs

Anonymous said...

Great card Tomi... as always your cards give me a peaceful feeling.

Brooke S said...

Ok now I know another place I came across you... Laura and Kazan's... Your blog is so great.. What an amazing artist you are... You can show me how to incorporate my cricut and I can show you stamps!! It was great to talk with you this evening.. I always love to find other women who love card making/scrapbooking especiall when they are only a few streets over.. I look forward to getting to know you even better.
Hugs
Brooke

Brooke S said...

Sorry I totally hit send before I even got to fix mistakes...