Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bright happy cards!

I just love the card sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You this week, and I thought it would be perfect for a bright, happy card to celebrate our friends buying their first home! This paper comes from Making Memories -- it is part of a pack with several coordinating papers, which I love! It makes paper crafting so much easier when stuff is made to go together. :)



I created this housewarming card using the Cricut Zooballoo cartridge, and I stretched the house in Design Studio so that it worked with the sketch -- so cute! The flower and felt heart are from Fancy Pants.

But having coordinating papers doesn't mean you automatically love everything! I started out to make the housewarming card but I didn't like the stripey paper for that one at all. So after I finished the housewarming card I used these pieces to make some fun birthday cards!



I used the Cricut Celebrations cartridge for this one, along with some Studio G stamps for the sentiment and stickles for the hat. Fun stuff!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wow how fun and bright are these - I really love the congrats on your new home card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at 2 Sketches 4 You this week -
:) Kazan

2 Sketches 4 You said...

Awwww, these are darling! I love how bubbly & fun they are:)
Thanks for participating at 2 Sketches 4 You!
Laura

Pearl said...

Love your take on the sketch ! perfect !

Kath Stewart said...

fab take on the sketch and both gorgeous cards - love your faux stitching

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Tomi. Yummy paper for boys.

Em said...

love, love, love these - that house is so cute :)

papertrails leaver said...

Your cards are so cute! Thanks for sharing how you stretched the house out to adjust to card size. Very cool!

Lisa said...

I absolutely love the new home card, perfect!!

Lea L. said...

Great use of your Cricut and this sketch! Your cards are fabulous!

~Lea

Sharon Caudle said...

So cute Tomi Ann!! I love them both!

Regina Easter said...

wow, wonderful cards....the colors are awesome

michelle said...

I love them both !! very cute and great colours !!

Laura Davis said...

Toot Toot!!! Congrats on your spotlight at Cricut!!:)
Laura

~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ said...

Awesome.. I love birthday cards..